BUILDING THE PEOPLE WHO BUILD AMERICA
Why train as an apprentice?
Apprenticeship is an “Earn While you Learn” model, involving on the job training and related classroom training. Here are a few of the many benefits of training to be an apprentice with an ABC Maine member business:
- Classroom training. Expert instructors teach you theory, safety, and skilled trade fundamentals in a controlled environment.
- On-the-job training. You’ll get your hands dirty (literally), apply your knowledge and skills and learn by doing.
- No student loans. Currently, the average student debt in Maine is $33,352 and 182,900 student borrowers live in Maine.
- Employment. You will earn while you learn.
- Career potential. Apprenticeship can take you in many career directions.
- Build your professional network. Our members are some of the most dedicated construction professionals in New England.
- Nationally Recognized Curriculum. The National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) is a national foundation backed by ABC National which provides the “Contren Learning Series” modules used in the classroom training of apprentices and the certification of instructors.
ABC Maine Apprenticeship Program, A Smart Business Investment
Why train Maine apprentices?
The demand for skilled workers is high.
Using apprentices reduces the cost of high labor turnover; employees show high morale and loyalty when training in a program that offers upward mobility through career development.
You get a diversified and flexible workforce and a larger pool of employees with specific skills.
You get increased productivity; employees in a structured program are more motivated. We train our apprentices in a state-of-the-art technology facility through the Maine Community College System
- Company loyalty
- Build a continuous pipeline of skilled workers
- Strengthen your employer brand
- Enhanced productivity
- Building Construction Craft Laborer
- Construction Craft Laborer Level 1
OJT AND RELATED TRAINING
- 2,000 hour program
- Apprentices receive on-the-job experience under the supervision of their journey tech and foreperson